[UPDATE] Registration starts at 13:00 (GMT+8) 19th March
Dear Asian debate circuit,
I’m Howie Ding from China. Together with my colleagues from GDS, SYSU EDT and JNU EDT, we proudly present you the 1st Canton IV on May.4th-7th in Guangzhou（historically known as Canton), China. The format of the event is Asian Parliamentary format.
This is the first ever International debate tournament host in Southern China and we dedicate this event to debate lovers all around the world, especially those who intend to participate UADC and Australs. You would receive below benefits from our tournament:
- 7 Preliminary Rounds and Pre-Quarter, Quarter, Semi and Final
- A world-class Adj-core with Robin Teo being our CA, Ely Zosa, Omar Salahuddin, Sebastian Templaton, Toshiaki Ikehara and Emily Zhang being our DCAs.
- We also guarantee you not only the quality of the A-core, also a qualified big adj-pool of 8 more world/Asian/austral breaking or former International tournament CAs. The confirmed includes: Zheng Bo, Imran Rahim, Cecile Gotamco and Nicole Ng.
- Tasty Cantonese cuisine, especially Dim-sum Morning Tea and a Fancy Break Night Party.
- We are treating you two big meals. One will be a grand Cantonese dinner, another will be a Cantonese ‘Dim-sum’ Morning Tea (breakfast is the fanciest meal of us! You can try hundreds of dim-sums!) in the oldest restaurants of Guangzhou (130 years) and a fancy break-night party.
- Optional tours! You can optionally take our first trip to Baomo Garden, to see the traditional architecture of Chinese gardens in the first day. For our last day, we also arrange you to take a half-day downtown trip and try local street foods!
- Tournament Cap: 40 Teams (N1) It’s mandatory to have 1 adjudicator for 1 team
- Registration Fees: 850 CNY/ 135 USD per debater/adjudicator and 1000 CNY/ 158 USD per observer (this doesn’t include accommodation, but includes daily foods, 2 big meals and 1 break night party.)
- Accommodation: We will release our recommendation for accommodation very soon. The lowest price for 3 nights would tentatively be 300 CNY/ 50 USD.
- Registration: Our pre-registration starts on 19th March and ends on 31st March.
For more information, please visit our website: www.cantoniv2012.com.
For inquiry, you can write to: email@example.com， or firstname.lastname@example.org (convener’s e-mail address).
Looking forward to seeing everyone in Canton City!
Canton IV 2012 Organizing Committee