We hope all of you had a good New Year.
ICU, Japan would now like to open up the registration process for the 20th ICU Tournament.
Thank you for your patience.
Step 1: Please fill out the attached application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: We will send the confirmation e-mail. Please complete step 2 by Feb 18th
Step 3: You will be asked to pay the registration fee directly to us by cash when you resister on March 12th.
*Registration fee will be 7500 yen per person (including accommodation fee for 3 nights)
*Step 3 is only for those who choose to stay in the accommodation place we provide
*Team will be eliminated from the tab and will not be able to break in the 20th ICU Tournament if all of participants (debaters, adjudicators, and observers) not pay registration fee on March 12th
Below is the detailed information about the 20th ICU Tournament.
Date: March 12th ~13th 2011
Venue: International Christian University (ICU) in Tokyo, Japan, [3-10-2 Osawa Mitaka-shi Tokyo, Japan]
Asian Style (Gov.3 / Opp. 3)
1st day: 4 preliminary rounds
2nd day: 8 breaks breaking rounds (QF, SF, GF)
- That three of debaters in team must be undergraduate students
- Composite teams are allowed as well
- Offering judges
- That you offer [N-1] judges for university teams from oversea
- (e.g. No judge for 1 team participating, 1 judge for 2 teams participating, 3 judges for 4 teams participating)
- That you offer [N=1] judges in the case of composite teams from oversea
- Additional judges are allowed
- We also welcome independent adjudicators very much
- Please contact us if you, especially composite teams, have problems finding adjudicators
The Chief Adjudicator for this year’s tournament will be Toshiaki Ikehara. His international debating experiences include:
- Octofinalist of All Asian Intervarsity Debating Championship 2007
- Breaking Adjudicator at Botswana Worlds 2011
- Breaking Adjudicator of Australasian Intervarsity Debating Championship 2010
- Grand Final Adjudicator of Northeast Asian Open 2010
- Champion of Hong Kong Debate Open 2010
Fee and Accommodations
Registration fee is 7,500 yen (per person) which includes the accommodation fees of 3 nights. (11th – 13th March). However, participants from outside of Japan will be asked to pay other expenses such as transportation fees (from airport to university, bus or taxi) and meals during the tournament. Accommodations for an extended stay (i.e. before March 11 and after March 13) will not be provided. We can help you if you have any troubles or questions to find hotels.
Mitaka City Hotel – http://www.jalan.net/yad398198/ (there is no English website)
If you have any questions, or if you want further information, please feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Especially those who need VISA (invitational letter, signature of tournament director etc.), please contact us earlier.
We are very much looking forward to seeing you.
International Liaison of 20th ICU Tournament: Miyuki Orito