Exams, Exams and More Exams
Some of you may have noticed a general lack of updates about stuff happening at Ac or stuff I’m doing. The truth is, there really isn’t that much interesting stuff that’s going on right now. First years are having their end of year exams round about now and the formal IB exams for second years are starting shortly after that. As a result, most of the second years, myself included, are hunkered down in carrel units studying away. Our lessons are all over, which means we now have the entire day to study.
A lovely little list from Julia, a fellow Castle dweller (in the neighbouring carrel unit) that I fell really ought to be shared.
You know the IB is almost here when
- you only ever see Second Years at breakfast and check-in and some briefly at mealtimes in between.
- your social life seems to involve only those in your Carrel Unit.
- everyone supposedly ‘relaxing’ in the Dayroom at check-in is talking about work.
- everyone at supper is so tired they simply stare at their plate.
- people start drinking coffee at 10.30pm
- you go to the Quiet Room when you used to go to bed.
- you see people walking around eating Nutella out of a jar